A number of men might be subjected to puffy or inflamed nipples. There are actually several factors playing a part in causing puffy nipples among men. These include excess body, hormonal imbalances, and a few specific exercises.
- As a matter of fact, and as stated by a doctor who performs male breast surgery in Delhi, even though puffy nipples can give rise to a lot of discomforts, in extremely rare scenarios do they point to a medical emergency?
- In the majority of cases, through changes in diet and exercise regimes, you can not get rid of puffy nipples.
- Nevertheless, even if after waiting for a while you don’t observe any improvement, surgery may be needed for reducing the puffiness and getting the nipples back to their erstwhile state.
Causes of puffy nipples
- All of us have both the male and female sex hormones testosterone and oestrogen respectively but in different amounts.
- Usually, men have higher testosterone levels.
- But, when a man has an oestrogen level that’s higher than normal the issue may result in abnormal growth of his breast, a condition medically known as gynecomastia.
- By and large, the swelling in the male breasts and nipples fade away once oestrogen returns to the normal level.
- Unrestrained, continuous use of anabolic steroids can result in the spiralling up of hormonal shifts.
- As per research carried out of late, scientists took the case of two males who were used to regular consumption of anabolic steroids.
- Asurgeon for gynecomastia treatment in Delhi revealed that both of them were found to experience the condition coupled with swelling around the nipples and adjoining tissues.
- Every so often, it’s been found that if a man runs or jogs for prolonged periods he develops inflamed nipples.
- This is on account of the fact that repeated running can spark off friction between the skin on the nipple and the fabric of the clothing the man wears.
- This type of abrasion is popularly referred to as a “jogger’s nipple”.
Excess body fat
- When you have a disproportionate amount of body fat, it may have an effect on the contours and appearance of your breast and its nipples.
- On the off chance, a man develops excessive fatty tissue around the breasts it can have an impact in apparently making the nipples bigger than usual.
- Moreover, men who suffer from obesity come down with hormonal imbalances as well.
- Research conducted in the year 2017 found men with excess body fat having lower and higher levels of testosterone and oestrogen respectively.
- Through an effective reduction in body fat, your fluctuating hormone levels return to normal and minimise the swelling in breasts and nipples.
When might surgery be required?
- According to gynecomastia surgeons Delhi, you may need treatment for your breast condition through surgical intervention when dietary changes or adjustments in the exercise regime prove ineffective.
- The various surgical procedures employed to treat and correct enlarged breasts or puffy nipples include the following.
- It’s beneficial as it helps eliminate body fat by means of a cannula or a tiny tube connected to a high-pressure vacuum device.
- This procedure necessitates the removal of superfluous breast tissue or benign growths from inside the breast.
- Tissue excision
- In the course of this type of gynecomastia surgery in Delhi, the surgeon will take to taking out glandular breast tissue together with the excess skin.
- Furthermore, the surgeon may contemplate reducing the nipple’s size for a more natural-looking appearance.