Occasionally Low testosterone (low T) levels in men can stir up a condition known as gynecomastia or the formation of large breasts. Testosterone is a naturally secreted male hormone. Its responsibility lies in defining male physical features and it exerts an influence of a man’s mood and sex drive.
• Gynecomastia is incepted because of an imbalance in the levels of hormones present in the male body including testosterone.
• Time and again both the conditions of low T and gynecomastia can be treated.
• However, as per a surgeon for gynecomastia treatment in Delhi, it’s imperative to first identify the underlying causes of each of the two conditions.
Understanding low T
• With increasing age in men, testosterone levels show a natural dwindle.
• This condition is referred to as hypogonadism or low T.
• Research indicates 1 in 4 men aged above the age of 45 experiences low T.
• Extremely low testosterone levels can give rise to numerous complications such as the following:
o Enlarged male breasts or gynecomastia
o Erectile dysfunction (ED)
o Low sperm count
o Reduced libido
• Ideally, the male body is responsible for producing both testosterone and estrogen, even though estrogen is present at extremely low levels.
• Gynecomastia surgeons in Delhi state that when the level of testosterone in a man is relatively low contrary to estrogen, or when there’s an excessive secretion of estrogen in comparison to testosterone, large breasts develop.
• Also, by the time a boy hits puberty, an obvious change in the body’s hormonal activity comes to notice leading to the appearance of gynecomastia.
• Nonetheless, the condition gets resolved with time all on its own and that too without the need for any treatment.
• The amount of breast tissue so developed extra may be the same in both the breasts or one breast may have more tissue than the other.
• Also, as said by a doctor who performs man breast surgery in Delhi, with testosterone levels dropping in older men, the development of gynecomastia may come into being and keep persisting until and unless it’s treated.
• Research shows that 1 in 4 men in the age group of 50 to 80 is susceptible to contracting gynecomastia.
• It may be noted that gynecomastia doesn’t cause any harm or result in serious complications other than causing slight soreness in the breast tissue.
What causes low T and gynecomastia simultaneously?
• Every so often low T is a straightforward upshot of ageing.
• Also, low T may be caused by suppressed health conditions.
• Get in touch with a doctor at a clinic offering gynecomastia surgery in Delhi to ascertain whether low T is the consequence of any suppressed medical condition, for example:
o Damage inflicted to the cells in the testicles that are responsible for producing testosterone
o An accident
o An inflammation of your testis
o Testicular cancer
o Cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy
o Neurological conditions affecting the hypothalamus and pituitary gland in the brain
• In addition, if you’re on a regular intake of anabolic steroids you may likewise be wreaking damage on your body’s capability of manufacturing testosterone.
As a matter of fact, gynecomastia is a commonly observed condition in men, in particular, as they age. Plenty of treatment options are on hand. At Radiance Cosmedic Centre you can talk over the treatment aspect of gynecomastia surgery in Delhi with a doctor. Also, you may benefit from discussing your concerns with an in-house therapist to help cope with the condition.