Abdominoplasty, also known as a “tummy tuck”, and liposuction are two dissimilar surgical procedures that are performed with the intent of changing the look of your midsection for better. As per a cosmetic surgeon who performs liposuction surgery in Delhi, the two procedures, along the same lines, help in flattening, tightening your stomach, and making it look smaller.
• Both the procedures are operated by plastic surgeons and because of the reason for them being “cosmetic”, they’re not reimbursed by health insurance.
• There are a few key differences between the two procedures as far as the main procedure and ideal candidates are concerned.
• Read on to learn more about them.
Also Read: How Liposuction is Beneficial For Females?
• To get this procedure going you may need intravenous sedation.
• In a number of cases, your cosmetic surgeon will be applying local anesthesia to the midsection.
• After numbing the proposed area of treatment your surgeon will create tiny incisions around the fat deposits.
• A cannula or a thin tube will be moved to and fro beneath the skin for loosening the fat cells.
• Next, your surgeon will make use of a vacuum device for getting the dislocated fat deposits suctioned out.
• Note that regardless of the best liposuction surgery cost Delhi you may need several sessions for achieving the desired result.
• In the course of this procedure, you’ll be put to sleep by your surgeon through the administration of general anesthesia.
• Once the sedation is achieved an incision will be made underneath the skin that primarily encloses your abdominal wall.
• The incision causes the abdominal muscles to get the exposed following which your surgeon will sew them together on the abdominal wall assuming that they’re loosened and stretched out.
• The sutures will help tightly pull the skin that comprises your abdomen.
• Before closing the incision with sutures, excess skin if any will be trimmed off and eliminated.
• A tummy tuck is accomplished through a single procedure.
• The whole surgery usually involves a time of 2 to 3 hours.
The ideal candidate
• Many times the appeal for both liposuction and tummy tuck lies with people having identical cosmetic goals.
• However, there are a number of marked differences too.
• It’s a favorable option if you’re trying to get rid of small fat deposits.
• Most commonly, these are found on the stomach, buttocks, hips, or thighs.
• During the procedure fatty deposits will be eradicated from the targeted area thereby decreasing bulges and making the body contour better.
• But, surgeons from several liposuction clinics in Delhi don’t recommend it as a tool to lose weight.
• If you’re suffering from obesity you shouldn’t consider liposuction as an effective procedure to get rid of fat.
• A tummy tuck not only aims at warding off superfluous fat from the abdominal area but also removing excess skin.
• Sometimes, the skin around your stomach can get stretched because of pregnancy or considerable hormonal shifts.
• You can significantly benefit from a tummy tuck as it restores the appearance of a flat, taut, and well-contoured midsection.
• The procedure attends to joining the rectus abdominus muscles again on the off chance they have been elongated or separated during pregnancy.
• According to a liposuction surgeon in Delhi you may rethink your decision to go for a tummy tuck if:
o Your body mass index (BMI) is more than 30
o You’re contemplating pregnancy in the future
o You decidedly want to lose weight
o You’re suffering from a chronic heart ailment
Liposuction is a simple procedure known to carry negligible risks and minimal recovery downtime. A tummy tuck, on the contrary, is a more serious operation. Your doctor or cosmetic surgeon at Radiance Cosmedic Centre, a leading liposuction surgery centre in Delhi will be your best resource in ascertaining the exact procedure that will meet your individual goals.