Gynecomastia definition and facts
• Gynecomastia is mainly enlargement of the glandular tissue of the male breast.
• The condition may always occur during infancy and puberty in normally developing boys.
• It is always seen that Gynecomastia Surgery in Delhi results from an imbalance in the hormonal environment in the body, with a relative excess of estrogens (female hormones) when compared to androgens (male hormones).
• The causes of the gynecomastia can also result as a side effect of numerous medications and drugs of abuse, for example:
1. Corticosteroids and anabolic steroids
3. Herbals like dong quai, tea tree oil, and lavender
4. Opioids (narcotic drugs)
5. Estrogen (including those in soy products)
6. Heartburn drugs
7. Anti-anxiety medication
The problem also is associated with certain medical conditions and treatments, for example:
• Chronic kidney failure
• Cirrhosis of the liver
• Low testosterone levels
Medications and surgical treatments can be used to treat the problem.
What is gynecomastia (enlarged male breasts)?
Gynecomastia is always considered enlargement of the glandular tissue of the male breast. So, during infancy, puberty, and in middle-aged to older men, gynecomastia can be common. It is mostly seen that gynecomastia must also be distinguished from lipomastia or pseudo gynecomastia, which mainly refers to the presence of fat deposits in the breast area of obese men.
What are the signs and symptoms of gynecomastia?
The primary symptom of gynecomastia is mainly enlargement of the male breasts. So, as mentioned before, gynecomastia is the enlargement of glandular tissue rather than fatty tissue. It is usually symmetrical in a location with regard to the nipple and may have a rubbery or firm feel. Gynecomastia usually occurs on both sides but can be unilateral in some cases. So, the enlargement may be greater on one side even if both sides are involved. Tenderness and sensitivity may always be present, although there is typically no severe pain.
What drugs are mainly used for the treatment of gynecomastia?
It is always seen that gynecomastia, especially in pubertal males, always goes away on its own within about six months, so observation is preferred over specific treatment in many cases. So, stopping medications and treatment of existing medical problems or health conditions that cause enlarged breasts in men also are mainstays of treatment.
Gynecomastia surgeons Delhi treatments are available to treat gynecomastia, but data on their effectiveness are limited. No drugs have always been approved by the FDA for the treatment of gynecomastia; however, medications that have been used to treat the condition include:
Can gynecomastia be prevented?
Gynecomastia that mainly occurs because of hormonal fluctuations with growth or aging cannot be prevented. Gynecomastia related to medical conditions can only be prevented to the extent that the underlying or responsible condition can be prevented.