Every so often people come across a simultaneous occurrence of both an itchy scalp as well as hair loss. This is indicative of the possibilities of the two issues having a common cause or one of them causing the other.
• According to a doctor who performs hair transplant in Delhi, scalp pruritus commonly referred to as an itchy scalp is a regular problem that numerous people come down with at some point in the course of their lifetime.
• The doctor adds that hair exhibits regrowth once the underlying cause is treated and cured.
What is the link?
• Even though the two problems can happen independently, occasionally there’s an unmissable link between an itchy scalp and hair loss.
• As per a cosmetic surgeon who performs the best hair transplant in Delhi, an itchy scalp can happen because of the following factors.
o Fungal infections such as scalp ringworm
o Allergic reactions to hair care products such as shampoo, conditioner, hair dye, hair styling gel, hair mousse
o Conditions like folliculitis and lichen planopilaris that give rise to inflammation of hair follicles
o Alopecia areata causing hair to fall out in small clumps and itchiness
o Atopic dermatitis, typical eczema that prompts the appearance of red rashes and itchiness on the scalp
o Psoriasis is looked upon as an autoimmune disorder that leads to the development of red, dry patches with silvery covering scales on the scalp and simultaneous itchiness.
How further can an itchy scalp spark off hair loss?
• In several other cases, severe itching on the scalp can be the upshot of scarring.
• This is because scar tissues are capable of damaging the nerve fibers present in the skin.
• Also, if scarring is caused due to hair loss, it may engender an itchy scalp at the same time.
• With frequent and aggressive scratching of itchy scalp damage is sustained by its skin and resident hair follicles.
• This damage so encountered due to unrestrained scratching can touch off temporary hair loss, scabbing, and bleeding.
• Once a stoppage to scratching is put, hair regrowth will automatically take place.
• Also, as per a renowned doctor who performs hair transplant in Delhi, hair loss short of scalp itching is found to occur because of inherited disorders such as male or female pattern baldness.
• Amid such scenarios, scratching of the scalp may result in damage.
• However, the underlying cause of hair loss has no link with itchiness.
• Scratching won’t impinge on a person who has lost hair because of contracting a hereditary condition.
• In case you would like to put a stop to hair loss and avoid facing the burden of substantial hair transplant cost in Delhi you can take on the following activities in regular practice.
o Staying away from too much scratching
o Using only mild shampoos
o Consuming a health-giving diet enriched with minerals and vitamins
o Steering clear of the direct application of heat on the scalp
o Avoiding excessive use of hair care products containing chemicals such as shampoos, conditioners, dyes, and mousses
o Retaining the dryness and cleanliness of the hair
o Getting a regular massage of the scalp done to help boost blood circulation in the hair follicles
o Adhering to suggested treatment plans for prevailing health conditions, for instance, autoimmune disorders like psoriasis
Thus, it’s evident there isn’t always a relation between an itchy scalp and hair loss. However, if and when there’s one treatment of the underlying causes of these problems will ideally help restore hair growth over time.