Conducted or rather performed by a plastic or dermatological surgeon, hair transplant is a procedure where the surgeon mail takes most part of the hair from the back or side of the head to fill in the bald side. People mainly prefer hair transplant due to extreme baldness which seems not great to look at. This mainly occurs especially during pattern baldness that means losing hair to a particular part or area of the head.
Some of the common factors leading to baldness are –
- Mainly Due To Genetics
- Not Following Proper Diet Chart
- Taking Up Too Much Of Stress
- Having Hormonal Imbalances In The Body
- Post Pregnancy
- Drugs or Medication
- Radiation Therapy
Process of Different Hair Transplant Surgeries –
- There are mainly two different ways for hair transplant surgeries. One is FUT, also known as follicular unit transplantation and the other process is, FUE, also known as follicular unit extraction.
- At first, the surgeon will commence with the procedure by cleaning your scalp. Post this, they will inject local anaesthesia in the back of your head with the help of a small needle to numb the area.
- The doctor will beforehand check to know which type of hair transplant would work the best for you.
- In the process of FUT, the surgeon will be removing a strip which might be nearly 8 to 10 inches of skin, taking up from the back of your head. Setting it aside, they will cover or rather sew the scalp to close it. And the area gets covered automatically due to the presence of hair around it.
- Next, professionals conducting the best hair transplant services will divide the section of the removed area nearly into 500 to 2000 tiny grafts. This graft is further segmented into either an individual hair or a few hairs.
- It completely depends on the type of your hair type, quality, texture and the area where you are getting your hair transplant for the type and number of grafts to be included.
- In the next procedure, which is known as Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), the expert will tend to shave the back of your head. In the next process, they will slowly remove the hair follicles from the scalp one after the other. Healing of the area mainly comes along with small dots which mainly gets covered to your retaining hair.
- After this, the surgeon will be preparing the graft. They will be cleaning and numbing the area to commence with the surgery. The hair is next injected, creating holes with a needle and placing the grafts in every hole.
- When it comes to the timing of the surgery, it might take between 4 to 8 hours.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant Surgery –
- Just in a few settings more part of the area having baldness gets covered.
- The best expert for hair transplant will conduct the resection rate. It is mainly the process where the grafts are getting cut during the process of removal. This leads to proving supreme results.
Advantages of FUT Hair Transplant Surgery –
- There are no cuts or stitches done in the surgery. The process is completely opposite to that of FUE and thus, no worries of getting your scalp cut open.
- The time for recovery is at a faster pace where the patient can get back to their daily chores from the next day itself.
- There is no visibility of the linear scar
Recovery Process –
- Post the surgery, the scalp is going to be very much tender. You need to take extra care for the same. Medications for pain removal might have to continue for some days.
- Your surgeon might even ask you to wear bandages over the scalp where the surgery has occurred for nearly 2 to 3 days.
- They might even prescribe you for antibiotics or medications which has anti-inflammatory properties which you need to take for a long period of time.
- In general, you might continue with the daily chores of life within a week. Nearly after 2 to 3 weeks of the surgery, the hair that has been transplanted in the scalp will start to fall out.
- Within a few months, you will be able to notice new growth of hair. In general study, within a period of 6 to 9 months, you will be able to notice the growth of new and natural hair.
- If you are looking forward to more thicker hair, you can seek the advice and prescription from the doctor to enhance the texture of your hair with hair-growing medication.
If you are looking forward to getting in touch with one of the Top Surgeons for Hair Transplant in Delhi, Dr. Mayank Singh is there to treat you with the best services offered. Radiance Cosmedic Centre, leading hair transplant clinic to suit your requirements.